INDEMNITY AGREEMENT & WAIVER
I, acknowledge that I have entered and will participate in the 2023 Victoria Falls Trail Run (“the event”) entirely at my own risk
In this regard, I :
- Acknowledge that trail running is by its very nature hazardous;
- Acknowledge that the event passes through Wildlife Reserves and Communal Lands and that inherent dangers exist from both wildlife and the rough nature of the terrain, including steep drop offs;
- Acknowledge that the organisers of the event have not provided any medical team or expert medical back up and that I am entirely responsible for securing my own medical attention for any injury or sickness;
- Acknowledge that recovery of participants unable to complete, is difficult because many parts of the route are inaccessible to vehicles and have limited cell phonecoverage;
- Hereby release and forever discharge the Organising Committee, Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust, Wild Horizons, and Pioneers and all sponsoring organisations, and their directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers and landowners from any responsibility, personal liability, claims, for loss, damage, accident, theft, injury or death that may occur during this event arising out of or in conjunction with my participation in the event;
- Agree to abide by all the rules and regulations for the event;
- Acknowledge that the route itself is the property of the Organising Committee and Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust;
- Agree that, once my entry has been completed and accepted, the Organising Committee are not liable to refund entry fees if I am unable to participate for anyreason;
- Hereby grant to the event and its sponsors and partners all right, title and interest in and to any videotape, photographs or other reproduction of my images in any format, captured in connection with my participation in the event for use in connection with broadcasting, advertising, exhibitions, websites, promotions, training materials or otherwise. The Organising Committee reserves the right to any information that is provided;
- Confirm that the correct medical aid information will been given on my entry form, and such medical aid companies / schemes supplied are valid and shall meet any anticipated costs, including evacuation. I confirm that the release of this information to the organisers does not imply any obligation on the organisers to arrange for medical attention in the event of my injury or sickness. I confirm that the Organising Committee, its agents or sponsors are in no way liable for the costs of any such evacuation;
- Represent and warrant that in respect of any child I am registering under the age of 18, I am the parent or legal guardian of that child and have the legal authority to enter into this agreement on their behalf and by proceeding with this event registration, I agree that the terms of this Indemnity Agreement and Waiver shall apply equally to all registered parties and that no entrant under 16 will be accepted
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS: For any cancellations or withdrawals due to Covid related reasons such as Lockdowns or cancelled flights, we will refund runners less any costs incurred up to that time. For any cancellations or withdrawals for any other reason, refunds will be entirely at the discretion of the event organising committee. In the event of a withdrawal, the runners place may only be transferred to another runner with the written consent of the event organising committee.
By completing the online registration and indemnity below does not guarantee your entry. You will receive a response from our registration team with confirmation of your place which will be subject to availability.